COVID-19 Coronavirus – Buy with confidence
COVID-19 Business Action Plan
Page Updated: 12/10/20
Please be assured that our expert teams are working closely with the Scottish & UK Governments and health organisations around the world to ensure we are following the very latest advice.
Campsites are open, some may even extend their usual season. It is worth noting that many will not be opening their shared indoor facilities until further notice. This means campsites will welcome motorhomes that have self contained facilities eg. toilet, shower, water supplies and waste storage. All of our vehicles will meet this criteria.
BOOKING WITH CONFIDENCE
We fully understand that customers may need to change their travel plans if government restrictions are introduced that make it illegal to travel, so we have put a number of measures in place so that you can book with confidence with us.
We are giving additional levels of flexibility to customers. The following is applicable to all current bookings and future bookings.
For current bookings
For current bookings, that are fully paid, we will offer the chance to move the hire to future dates. This will be classed as a booking postponement. We will place your paid funds on account. These funds can then be used to make a future booking. If you make a postponement request we will send an email confirming your funds and advise the process for making your next reservation. The hire will need to be completed by 15th December 2021. If the price of the new hire is less we will hold a credit balance on your account. This balance can be used to purchase future hires or optional extras on current hires.
For new bookings
Any new bookings will immediately be handled as per the statement above.
Our normal terms and conditions remain in force for cancellations; see section 6. If you wish to cancel and claim travel insurance please write to us at the details shown below. We have altered our terms for postponements. Moving a booking to a future date will not be classed as a cancellation (see below).
Postponements are available to all bookings that are fully paid and if government restrictions making it illegal to travel are in place in your home area, covering some or all the dates of your hire. If you have a balance to pay you can cancel and only lose the deposit. If you have a balance to pay and would like to postpone, we will require the balance first. This converts the booking to “full” status and provides these postponement rights. Postponement notifications should be advised 14 days or more before the commencement of your hire. If we are not notified of a postponement in this timeframe then our standard cancellation terms will be applied. An exception to this notification period will be waived if the government restriction is enacted within the 14 day period and covers the hire dates.
Please follow the process outlined below to make the postponement:
- Write to us advising you wish to postpone.
- We will acknowledge in writing and hold funds on account for the amount you have paid. At this point we will remove your booking from our system.
- When you are ready you will then make a new booking, using our website, for a hire to be completed before 15/12/2021. You will choose the “make booking and pay by telephone option”. This will ensure you are not asked for payment.
- When you have made this booking please email us to advise.
- We will apply your credit voucher. Any balance due will be requested at this time.
Please note that our ability to fulfil your request for a future hire will be subject to availability. We will however do everything in our power to accommodate your needs.
These revised postponement terms are only available for as long as there are government enacted lockdowns or restrictions (including quarantine) on non essential travel in your home territory or in Scotland.
All requests for postponements and cancellations should be in writing; not by phone. Please email email@example.com
COVID-19 Enhanced Operational Procedures
Our vehicles are always thoroughly cleaned between hires. During this time, where containing the spread of coronavirus is of the utmost importance we have implemented additional procedures. They are as follows:
- We have introduced an Ultra Violet C light that sanitises the interior of the vehicle and kills coronovirus.
- Our disinfecting chemicals have been reviewed to ensure they would kill the virus
- All hard surfaces are thoroughly cleaned using these chemicals and are audited by additional staff
- Minimum 60% alcohol hand wash santisers will be available throughout our facility.
- Social distancing measures in place throughout our facility, including one-way thoroughfares
- We will not welcome customers with hand shakes as we have previous done.
- Vehicle briefings will be conducted at a safe distance and only with one member of the booking party
- Video briefings will be available during the vehicle handover and online to minimise the need for close contact.