Documents to bring on Vehicle Collection day
The following information is important. Failure to supply all the information required at check-in will result in the hire not taking place and will be considered as a cancellation of the hire by you. This will result in total financial loss of the sums paid to us for the hire.
The following information is required from EACH person wishing to drive.
Critical Items to bring
- Please provide your photocard licence with your up to date home address. This licence must be up to date and not expired. If your licence does not have your photograph then we will require to see your passport or photo ID card.
- Non UK customers are required to show their passport or photo ID card
- Two proofs of address from separate sources. We accept paper copies or a digital copies shown on a device eg. phone, tablet computer, PC – see below for acceptable sources. Please do not email copies prior to your hire.
- Your online licence check (Mainland UK licences only) – for more info
- A credit or debit card (no American Express or cashcards) for the security deposit. If more than one driver we will only take the security deposit from one driver.
Acceptable Documents (Digital and Paper)
You must present at least two of the following bills or statements. They must be dated within 90 days of the commencement of the hire, except council tax statement. Digital copies are acceptable if you show them to our staff during the check-in process.
- Electricity/Water/Gas utility
- Broadband / Landline
- Council tax
- TV licence
- Bank statement
- Credit card bill / statement
- Mortgage statement
- Polling card
- HMRC self assessment / tax credit
- Student loan
- Shotgun licence
- Mobile phone bill
- Pension letters
- Car finance statement
- Loan statement
- Property deed
The address & name on your licence must match both documents.
Documents should ideally be printed, however if you do not have access to a printer you may bring a screenshot of the e-bill. The screenshot must clearly show name, address, provider and document date. Please do not email copies to us.
What is declined?
Any document relating to insurance and any document that does not meet the above mentioned criteria